The North American games press have just voted to bring us the nominations for their picks of E3 2011. Why should you care? Well, the winners will be the ones with that little E3 sticker on the game’s box come release day. It’s a mark of pride that few review quotations can come close too.
Sony and EA lead the way with 14 nominations each, which leaves Microsoft and Nintendo looking pretty miserable. Bioshock Infinite and Uncharted 3 proved to be the most popular games with four nominations each.
Check out the full list of nominees below and click any of the links to be whisked away to our E3 coverage of that title. Feel free to add your own picks of E3 to the comments section too.
Several core gamer titles have just been announced for the new Wii U console. Seasoned gamers, prepare to be very impressed. It would seem the extra analogue stick and familiar button options will allow Nintendo to keep up with the rival consoles.
Q-Games have today announced a new title from their beloved PixelJunk series. What we initially thought might be PJ Shooter 3, has since turned out to be a new IP, PixelJunk SideScroller.
These guys love giving us their take on multiple gaming genres and side-scrolling shooters should be a piece of cake for them. So expect lots of traditional side-scrolling blasting, going left to right and shooting forwards-only while moving around the 2D environment trying to back away from swarms of bullet patterns.
Well it’s nasty o’ clock here in the UK, but before we call it a night. Here are a mighty bunch of links to all our news coverage of the Sony Press Conference that’s just finished.
- E3 2011: Sony Press Conference – Live Blog
- Sony E3 2011 Conference | Uncharted 3 On-Stage Demo
- Sony E3 2011 Conference | Resistance 3 On-Stage Demo
- Sony E3 2011 Conference | God Of War 3D Bundle
- Sony E3 2011 Conference | Sly Cooper Thieves In Time
- Sony E3 2011 Conference | Bioshock Infinite On PS Move & NGP
- Sony E3 2011 Conference | New Move Title: Medieval Moves
- Sony E3 2011 Conference | NGP Now Officially PS Vita
- Sony E3 2011 Conference | Star Trek Details Announced
- Sony E3 2011 Conference | Uncharted: Golden Abyss on PlayStation Vita
- Sony E3 2011 Conference | Street Fighter X Tekken announced for PS Vita
Look how many articles we’ve written since the Microsoft E3 press conference took place! Here’s a collection of the articles based on that conference to save you a lot of digging.
- E3 2011: Microsoft Press Conference – Live Blog
- Microsoft E3 2011 Conference | Modern Warfare 3 On-Stage Demo
- Microsoft E3 2011 Conference | Mass Effect 3 Kinect Demo
- Halo: Combat Evolved Remake Confirmed
- Microsoft E3 2011 Conference | Tomb Raider Demo
- Microsoft E3 2011 Conference | Ghost Recon Future Soldier Demo
- Microsoft E3 2011 Conference | Project Kingdoms Becomes Ryse
The big names are really starting to line up now for Sony’s little gem. Capcom just came onstage at Sony’s Press Conference to announce a PS Vita version of Street Fighter X Tekken. Also, as an exclusive to the console, Cole from the Infamous games will be available as a selectable character.
After Capcom’s success with Super Street Fighter IV 3D on the 3DS, we think this will be massive. We’ve just seen similar touch-screen activated combos and we presume the game will try and emulate SSFIV’s many online features.
More for you as soon as we have it.
This is what we’ve been waiting for. Uncharted on the newly christened handheld, PlayStation Vita. Uncharted: Golden Abyss is a full-on third-person action-adventure title that is going to be the hottest property on the new machine.
It’s ridiculously gorgeous. The shading effects and overall detail rival most early PS3 titles and instantly wipe away any thoughts of handheld games being incapable of competing with the big boys. Needless to say, the original PSP is going to dive-bomb out of existence now. This isn’t just huge for portable gaming, it’s huge full-stop.
This new action adventure game, Medieval Moves: Deadmund’s Quest, is from the talented folks behind the excellent Sports Champions. If anyone can make another decent game for Sony’s motion controller it’s these guys.
The action sees you controlling an adorable skeleton in a suit of armour, mainly from a first-person perspective. From here you can use a sword, a bow, throwing stars and more to bash goblins, skeletons and other medieval monsters. The weapons can be accessed without going into an inventory screen. Just simply ‘reach’ for them as if they were equipped on your person and the Move controller will work with the PS Eye to equip what you want.