Since launch on the Xbox One, Jago has been the sole free fighter in Killer Instinct with everyone else available to purchase separately. However, Microsoft has just released a patch to replace him with Sabrewulf so players can try a new character free of charge, which could help lapsed gamers return to the fold.
The latest patch also introduces a number of fixes which you can find below courtesy of the game’s website. For more information on the game’s character bundles, click here. Jon has a review of the game too.
FULL CONTROLLER SUPPORT
– Players will now have access to play regardless of what USB port they plug into.
SAVE DATA FIXES
– Sign-in changes via KINECT will no longer erase save-data
TOASTS OPTION AVAILABLE
– Players will be able to disable toasts from the option menu (under display options)
***KI STORE FIXES***
COLOR #5 PROPERLY UNLOCKS
* NOTE: Players who have accomplished these tasks prior to launch will now be awarded retroactively
TRAINING MODE ICON UNLOCKED
*NOTE: If you have completed all the tasks required to unlock the costume, the TRAINING ICON will retroactively be unlocked.
– Character Select option added to the pause screen of local versus
– Command List corrected and updated
– Game will now pause when the controller for player 2 is removed
– Accessory menu screens updated and patched
– Added access to the MELD from the pause screen
– Replays library will be cleared since executable has been updated to a new version number
– Jago’s equipped accessories now display properly while in dojo mode.
– Privilege check has been moved into the Xbox Live menu so non-gold members can view leaderboards
PARTY INVITES FIXES
– General fixes have been implemented to ensure the proper user-flow for people wanting to play exhibition matches with friends.
– RANK events (Rank-up/Rank-down), display notifications to both players prior to the start of the match.
RANK MATCH UPDATES
– The rank point distribution method has been updated. Please see the chart below for the updated system.
INSTINCT MODE SHADOW COMBOS NOW BREAKABLE
– There were several instances where SHADOW MOVES we’re un-breakable after performing an instinct.-mode cancel With the current fix, SHADOW MOVES will be fully intractable after an instinct-mode cancel.
– Players can now adjust block height during instinct mode activation.
COMBO ENDER FIX
– There were several instances where certain moves labeled as “ENDERS” where unbreakable .
CHARACTER SPECIFIC FIXES
– Jago’s Endokuken is now classified as an OPENER, when used in the beginning of combos.
– Shadow Eclipse now scales properly if used as an OPENER.
– LEVEL-3 eclipse ENDER has been corrected to hit the opponent after performing a JUMPING SLASH
– Category correction for the first (2) hits of ICHI NI SAN.
– Damage scaling correction on UPPER FIRECAT
– Shadow Hail will now have the same hit properties as an OPENER.
– HP /Shadow version of Widow’s bite is now categorized as OPENER.