The latest patch for Ratchet & Clank Q-Force has just been released giving players a free new map of the classic location of Metropolis. Released late last year, the game was hardly a classic addition to the series, ditching the platforming in favour of a tower-defence model. Check out our review here. Maybe these additions will tempt some players back.
The patch also introduces a number of tweaks and balance fixes to the weapons and defences. There’s nothing particularly huge, but reducing the Warmonger’s rockets from five to three just makes me all kinds of sad. There’s no mention of when we’re getting the free Vita version that was supposed to ship with the game as a part of Sony’s cross-buy incentive.
The patch weighs in at a meaty 427MB and all the minute details are listed after the break.
- Coordinates for Planet Kerwan have been added, enjoy facing off against other players in the classic Ratchet & Clank city of Metropolis.
- The Warmonger’s rockets have been reduced from five to three.
- Turrets purchased at your base have been reinforced slightly.
- The Melee Perk had its damage increased slightly.
- Thundersmacks are no longer as resilient against attacks.
- Cadets can now only carry two Dopplebangers at the start of a match.
- Dopplebangers are now more susceptible to damage.
- The Electro Barricade can no longer withstand as much damage as the Heavy Barricade.
- A Missile Minion has been spotted around node seven. Proceed with caution when landing on the planet.
- The Grungarian Soldiers have had a shift change with some Grungarian Brawlers around node one.
- QForce deserters have had their penalty greatly increased. (If you’re losing and don’t want to incur the big penalty use the Surrender option)
- Cadets are now notified when they have been penalized.
- Cadets remaining in the game after a cadet has deserted the match are given a win or loss depending on the current state of the match.
- Due to interference from solar flares opposing cadet ratings have been hidden in the character select screen of the lobby.
- You can no longer purchase perks for options that have been turned off in Custom games.
- Custom Game Screen clarity has been improved.
- Several stability improvements.
- Various bug fixes.