Originally intended to be a PS4 launch title, it’s fair to say we may have forgotten about this one. The single-player ambitions have been scrapped in favour of an online multiplayer-only FPS title, that still looks like it could be fun.
Primal Carnage: Extinction puts the dinosaurs against the humans in online arenas. There’s a trailer for you after the break, which in all honesty makes the game look like the dinos are going to struggle against the humans’ firepower. Look out for the game on PSN from October 20th.
Adam Creighton from developers, Panic Button, had this to say about the different classes available in the game on both sides.
“Playing as dinosaurs, spit, pounce, chomp, and tail-swing your way to the top of the food chain. Not exactly your typical FPS.
- Dilophosaurus — Ambush and blind your enemies from a distance or put your poisonous fangs to use, which will blind and slow the bipedal meat sacks.
- Novaraptor — Fast and scary is your namesake. Mercilessly slash your enemies or pounce and maul them into the ground. Watch out for the counterattack, though!
- Pteranodon — Reconnoiter from the sky and hone your swoop-down-and-carry-off skills or practice juggling your prey with a Pteranodon friend.
- Carnotaurus — You’re a two-legged cross between a bull and a T-Rex that charges your victims to death and can also heal by taking a bite out of them.
- Tyrannosaurus Rex — As the King of Lizards, be a high-health fearsome tank of an adversary.
As far as the human team, use weapons unique among first-person shooters to tranq, net, snipe, shoot, flame, or rocket your way to homo sapien superiority.
- The Scientist — Snipe from afar, or slow down opponents with your unique-to-class tranquilizers, but don’t let the beasts get in your personal space (You can say goodbye if they do).
- The Commando— On the other end of the spectrum, humble those legendary beasts with your assault rifle or rocket launcher. Remember you may be strong, but you’re not quick. Good thing you can take a beating.
- The Pathfinder — Get up close and personal with your powerful short-ranged shotgun and leverage your agility to reload without getting eaten.
- The Trapper — Net smaller dinos and lock the jaws of the larger ones to make them more susceptible to damage — a great tactic to slow them down for your team mates.
- The Pyro — Because fire.”