Maxis are working through the weekend to try and stabilise your SimCity experience. Just four days since the 1.7 traffic pathfinding update they have another one for the much-maligned game. Highlighted fixes and improvements include police station capacity issues, sewage glitches, missing textures, new roads messing up old roads and clearer text alerts.
Carl’s review went up before update 1.7 and you can read that here. Rest assured we plan on revisiting SimCity to check on its post-update progress. Click below to get the full list of 1.8 notes and let us know if you think the patches are helping.
- Police station can no longer hold more prisoners than the capacity.
- Added missing roof texture for certain commercial building.
- Added completion moment cinematic for Great Works.
- Visiting police cars have avatar of neighbor above them.
- Arcology Population reflects the population of the Arcology, not the city.
- Fixed a clog in the pipes where sewage would sometimes get backed up and act jittery.
- Region Wall will pop up when a new chat message has been received.
- Improvements to cases when connecting a new road to an existing road that goes over uneven terrain.
- Tuned some of the road snapping priorities to address some edge cases where it wasn’t behaving as desired
- Fixed a case where a new road would sometimes cause an existing road to change its shape drastically.
- Made Upgrade Roads mini-tutorial appear at appropriate time.
- Fix to four lane bridge to improve divider line placement.
- Clarified alerts about residents not moving in because of high taxes to state if it is residents, commercial businesses, or Industry that won’t move in because of high taxes.
- Improved text and icons on cities in region view.
- Updated text for “Become a Suburban City” mission to improve clarity.
- Updated requirements text for HazMat garage for clarity.