After years of being pained by the Spike VGAs, we’re not getting pulled into watching award shows in the middle of the night anymore. Even if they do promise some hot new trailers. The rebranded Game Awards 2014 kicked off around 2am GMT this morning and we have links to the winners and nominees below. You’ll also find links to the best trailers that emerged from the show. Let us know what’s caught your eye. So enjoy the videos the way you’re supposed to -with bacon and a brew.
- Game Awards 2014 winners – Some dubious nominations.
- Wii U Zelda Gameplay – Not awkward commentary at all.
- Bloodborne gameplay – Dark Souls fans will be searching for a PS4 now.
- Metal Gear Online gameplay – Mechs, Ocelot and Jack Bauer.
- No Man’s Sky gameplay – Well, flying around at least.
- Witcher III gameplay – Better get cracking on Inquisition.
- Lara Croft and the Temple of Osiris trailer – 4-player co-op looks intense.
- Battlefield Hardline story trailer – Looking promising.
- Dying Light story trailer – Oh dear, cutscene skipping ahead?
- King’s Quest reveal trailer – A Disneyfied 2D platformer? Sign us up.
- Tacoma trailer – From the Gone Home studio.
- Human Element gameplay – Hmm, looks like target footage to me.
In case you missed it…
- Street Fighter a PS4 exclusive – is this is just the start of the third-party bidding war? – Hopefully the end.
- Sony’s last chance to wow us in 2014 – what we need from the PlayStation Experience! – Gameplay videos.